Waste Management and Remediation
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Explain basic biological, physical and chemical principles behind management and remediation of industrial and municipal wastes;
- Discuss the remediation of recalcitrant materials in the environment;
- Develop waste management solutions on the basis of tried or potential remediation/management strategies;
- Identify areas within an industrial process that may be improved upon in order to achieve waste minimisation, recycling, greater materials efficiencies, process or operational optimisation;
- Work effectively in a team to identify and develop solutions to waste management problems.