'Exploring social work and human services career paths', is a unique opportunity for you to explore careers and exciting professional pathways in these areas. Listen to stories from professionals who are working in the field of social work and human services. Learn about the diversity of work, and the skills and attitudes required for success.
Exploring Social Work and Human Services Career Paths
Superheroes? Helping hands and supporters of individuals/families/communities? Connectors? Change agents? Explore and discover what social work and human services is all about through the stories of practitioners working in the field.
What You Will Learn
In this free course you will:
- Gain an insight into: the types of work that social workers and human service workers undertake : the issues, skills and considerations that are important to social workers and human services practitioners
- L01: Recognise key features of social work and human services practice
- L02: Identify different contexts in which social workers and human services practitioners work, in Australia
- LO3: Identify issues, elements and concepts that are important in social work and human services
- LO4: Explore next steps for further study and reflect on social work and human services as a career choice