The Energy Productivity Skills and Training Pathway project report has been published by the Department of the Environment and Energy. This study examined the range of essential skills, knowledge and experience required to provide energy efficiency and energy productivity services, and mechanisms for boosting the level and availability of these competencies in the marketplace. More »
Welcome to Learning and Teaching Sustainability
Sharing sustainability education
This site represents a community of Australian tertiary educators that is supported by the Australian Government. We aim to provide information on sustainabilitycourses in tertiary institutions in Australia and to share innovative sustainability teaching materials. Contact us for more information or register to contribute to the community.
Waste Management and Remediation
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Explain basic biological, physical and chemical principles behind management and remediation of industrial and municipal wastes;
- Discuss the remediation of ...
Makers Place Case Study
This case study is designed to have application across various disciplines with a core theme related to sustainability and more specifically the Circular Economy. It forms part of a series ...
Dave received the MBA and PhD degrees from the University of Wales in 1991 and 1995. In 1997 he moved from Wales to Australia to take up a position at ...
Why join our community?
- have access to exclusive learning and teaching material
- profile your own work and count the downloads - Paul Brown's materials have been downloaded over 6000 times!
- enter the curriculum award and be part of the vision to build sustainability education.
- access our newsletters
- join our LinkedIn Group and contribute to the discussion
- SUSTAINed - Join our network of tertiary sustainability education practitioners. Click here for the information, interest groups, resources and a Living Handbook of ideas for embedding sustainability in tertiary institutions.
The focus of the Food page is on food waste reduction. New teaching toolkits from the Love Food Hate Waste project are now available. Suitable for use across multiple disciplines, the three toolkits cover global, commercial and household food waste.More »
Latest NewsSee all »
RMIT has won the 2017 Green Gown Award for Learning, Teaching & Skills, for their United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Study Tour (Vietnam) More »