Congratulations to Deakin University, Learning, Teaching & Skills winner at the 2018 Green Gown Awards Australasia More »
Welcome to Learning and Teaching Sustainability
Sharing sustainability education
This site represents a community of Australian tertiary educators that is supported by the Australian Government. We aim to provide information on sustainabilitycourses in tertiary institutions in Australia and to share innovative sustainability teaching materials. Contact us for more information or register to contribute to the community.
University of New South Wales
Design for Energy Efficiency
Develops an understanding of solar efficient architecture and builds on this to develop skills in energy performance simulation.
Food Waste as a Household Issue Teaching Toolkit
This teaching resource contains all that is required for the development of a tutorial/workshop or several tutorials/workshops focusing on household food waste.
The resource contains: Learning objectives, suggested ...
Dr Michael Howes is a senior lecturer at the Griffith School of Environment and a researcher with the Urban Research Program at Griffith University. Michael’s research and teaching explore how ...
Why join our community?
- have access to exclusive learning and teaching material
- profile your own work and count the downloads - Paul Brown's materials have been downloaded over 6000 times!
- enter the curriculum award and be part of the vision to build sustainability education.
- access our newsletters
- join our LinkedIn Group and contribute to the discussion
- SUSTAINed - Join our network of tertiary sustainability education practitioners. Click here for the information, interest groups, resources and a Living Handbook of ideas for embedding sustainability in tertiary institutions.
The focus of the Food page is on food waste reduction. New teaching toolkits from the Love Food Hate Waste project are now available. Suitable for use across multiple disciplines, the three toolkits cover global, commercial and household food waste.More »